XIMB- MUN 2016Model United Nations
Model United Nations is a competition that seeks to simulate the proceedings of the United Nations through role-playing delegates. It is an opportunity to learn a lot about international politics and sharpen one’s researching, public speaking, and writing skills, as well as critical thinking, teamwork, and leadership abilities.
Model United Nations at XIMB aims at giving you an opportunity to find solutions to an unprecedented set of problems and crises plaguing various geographies across the world, today. It is a platform to sharpen your debating and diplomacy skills. In an effort to recreate the spirit of the United Nations, the Delegate Registrations & Registrations for International Press are now open for the following committees :
- 1. Economic and Social Council(ECOSOC): The UN ECOSOC serves as the central forum for discussing international economic and social issues, and for formulating policy recommendations addressed to member states and the United Nations system.
- 2. Human Rights Council (HRC): The UN Human Rights Council is responsible for strengthening the promotion and protection of human rights around the globe and for addressing situations of human rights violations and make recommendations on them.
- • XIMB MUN 2016 would be conducted on November 11th and 12th 2016 (Day 1 and Day 2 of Xpressions 2016 at XIMB)
- • This is an individual event.
- • Kindly register with your Name, Name of Institution, Contact Number, Email address for communication and previous MUN/debating experience.
- • This event is open for Post Graduate students, Under Graduate students, and school students in 11th and 12th standard only.
- • There would be two committees and an International Press Corps. The two committees are:
- • The United Nations Commission on Status of Women (UNCSW)
- • Lord Mountbatten Plan (LMP)
- • While registering, you have to indicate your choice among the following:
- • Delegate (If applying for the UNCSW)
- • Parliamentary member (If applying for LMP council)
- • Journalist
- • Photographer